Friday, September 5, 2008

Spa Packages?

What better way to start the day than with a Balinese massage! I think it will be difficult to talk Lori into leaving. Although we paid a little more for this massage, we later found we can get one in town for $6/hr! So we think that we’ll just enjoy one everyday. “When in Rome”…(Lori wrote that)

Anders is quite a natural on the motorbike! He rides like a local and is great at navigating these dangerous, congested, and often confusing roads. I think I would probably get lost if I was left to my own devices. Today we rode 15 km to a little town called Ubud. Lori and I like that name. We think we’ll name our first son Ubud. Sorry Mom and Dad, we’re not prego, just picking out names.

They tried selling us a map for $12, but would you believe that is equivalent to 4 days pay for a local? Maybe that is why we don’t get so upset when the Laundromat bleaches our nice shirts- I’ve begun to call the bleach spots ‘character’.

It was great to see the little villages along the way and see some of the “real Bali” as Ubud is pretty touristy. We saw so many great ideas, we tried to catch everything while riding by, as some photos may look a bit blurry as we flew by! We even saw a small woman carrying a 5-gallon water bottle on her head and with no hands, wish I could do that!

1 comment:

  1. Guess the camera missed the blur of your motorbike flying by totally... trying to race the gecko?

    ReplyDelete