Friday, October 2, 2009

Furniture Shopping!

Our kind Thai friend and owner of the local restaurant where we frequent, took us furniture shopping to the manufacturing district, 30min south of town. God provided a great bargain for us! We purchased a bed frame, coffee table, & three end tables made of solid wood & finished for $115! It is even far less expensive than the chinsy laminated particle board, sold here, there, and everywhere which falls apart, the first, or if you're fortunate- second time the piece is moved.



I remember years ago when moving into my house in San Luis Obispo, I had a laminated particle board desk in the back of my truck. Dumb me, I had not tied it in the bed of my truck, as was just traveling down the street a couple blocks. As I was accelerating out of the parking lot, the desk slid out of the back of the truck and pancaked into a 6" tall pile of rubbish. So much for the "great value" at IKEA.

No comments:

Post a Comment